April 14, 2010

"Stand Back--I'm Going to Try Science!"

Some of you know that while I strive for true the "mad scientist" career track, I do also, in fact, do regular science. This semester I'm finishing a second semester of independent study on sodium hypochlorite's effects on early sea urchin embryo development.

As of today I have counted (give or take 50) 9,200 embryos. I only have 400 more to count and I'm exhausted.

Because of this, tonight I'm just linking you a video clip from my ALL-TIME favorite film, Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus. For future reference this is what ALL science looks like. ALL SCIENCE.

--m

P.S. if you haven't seen this movie, it's on Netflix Instant and it's incredible. (Ignore that 3/10 star rating on IMDB. Those idiotic reviewers don't know what they're talking about.)

P.P.S. the comic title is from xkcd.com

No comments:

Post a Comment